Alert Message: Anyone, 6 months of age and older, is eligible to receive the COVID-19 vaccine. Find your nearest vaccination location at
WARNING: Site will be down from 8-12PM CT.
Illinois COVID-19 Ambassadors are Illinoisans across the state who play a vital role in supporting current state efforts to stop the spread of COVID-19 by promoting and sharing information among their friends, family, peers and neighbors on prevention measures, testing resources, COVID-19 vaccine and other relevant information. Any Illinoisan can volunteer to be an Ambassador.
- Engage with and empower everyday Illinoisans across the state, in an ongoing and intentional way, to assist in COVID-19 outreach and prevention efforts.
- Enable Illinoisans across the state to become contributors, problem solvers and partners in helping stop the spread of COVID-19.
Benefits of Being an Ambassador
- By providing opportunities to not only voice your concerns and fears but also participate in the solutions can be empowering.
- Enhance your communication and leadership skills.
- Contributing to effective and innovative solutions to stop COVID-19.
- Contributing to a culture of health and prevention among your friends, family, peers and community.
- Proactively and on an ongoing basis promote COVID-19 prevention measures and related community resources
- Commend individuals who are practicing public health measures.
- Provide input into the development of messaging and outreach materials.
- Organize and implement virtual outreach activities (e.g Facebook Live event).
- Share your success with us!
The estimated monthly time commitment is about 1-2 hours.
Have questions or need more information, please contact Juana Ballesteros, Manager for Community Public Health Outreach at Juana.Ballesteros@illinois.gov.